JANOME's Embroidery Cards and CD-ROMs contain both licensed and Janome Original designs, with each type of design having different restrictions on use.
1. Licensed and Janome Original Design Collections
- LICENSED design collections: Embroidery cards and CD-ROMs with copyright belonging to third-party designers and NOT to Janome. Licensed designs are identifiable by the copyright symbol © and the copyright holder's name (e.g. " © CLS ") printed on the packaging.
- JANOME ORIGINAL design collections: Embroidery cards and CD-ROMs with copyright belonging to Janome, and identifiable by the words "© J.S.M.C." printed on the packaging.
2. Your Rights as a Purchaser
- Your purchase of a LICENSED embroidery card or CD-ROM entitles you to the following privileges:
- You can sew out the designs for your personal, non-commercial use (designs cannot be sewn on items to be sold, be it for profit or non-profit)
- Your purchase of a JANOME ORIGINAL embroidery card or CD-ROM entitles you to the following additional privileges to the above:
- You can sew out the designs on items to be sold (Janome makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, for the embroidered items)
- You can change the size and/or color of the design
3. Restrictions on Use of Embroidery Data Itself
Any of the following actions violate copyright laws and JANOME will prosecute offenders to the fullest extent of the law:
- Selling, trading, sharing, renting, transferring, or otherwise distributing the original or modified versions of the design data itself
- Sewing out LICENSED designs on items to be sold
Uploading, downloading, e-mailing or transferring electronic files of LICENSED or JANOME ORIGINAL designs on the Internet, through a computer network, or by a direct connection etc.